Running a car dealership brings unique risks. Appropriate business insurance can help provide financial protection when unexpected events or accidents happen on and off your company's property.
Contact Insurance Agencies, Inc. in Northfield, New Jersey, today to build a business insurance package tailored to your dealership's needs.
Insurance For Car Dealerships
There are numerous moving parts at play in every dealership. With the potential for financial success come many risks and liabilities you can help address with business insurance.
Depending on details about your car dealership, your agent may recommend that you purchase the following business insurance policies:
- Commercial property insurance helps pay for damage to your company's property due to perils such as vandalism, hail, theft, fire or storm damage. This policy helps cover damage to cars displayed on the lot and physical damage to inventory, third-party property, equipment and buildings.
- General liability insurance provides coverage for third-party property damage, injury claims, and lawsuits alleging misleading advertisements, slander, copyright infringement, and libel.
- Workers' compensation insurance helps cover medical expenses and lost wages if a dealership employee is injured or becomes ill in a work-related incident.
- Garage keeper's liability insurance helps cover damage to customer property while in your care.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage helps pay for damage to your company's vehicles and the vehicles on your lot if a driver without proper insurance coverage is at fault in a damage-causing accident.
- Dealer's open lot insurance helps cover damage to the cars for sale on your dealership's lot.
- Garage liability insurance, often used by franchised auto dealers, helps cover bodily injury or property damage caused by an accident occurring on the dealership's property.
- Business interruption insurance helps cover everyday bills if your dealership must close to allow for covered repairs after an accident or incident.
Get the Business Insurance Your Car Dealership Needs
Your dealership is unique, as are your insurance needs. Contact Insurance Agencies, Inc. today to learn more about how to insure your car dealership properly and get a personalized quote.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.